The Next Web Australia is seeking nominations for the best startups, entrepreneurs and technologies on the Australian innovative landscape. Anyone can make a nomination by 31 December. In true entrepreneurial spirit, you can even nominate yourself, or tell your friends to nominate you. It’s all good fun and a way to look back at the breakthroughs and other exciting moments in the Aussie startup scene in 2009.
- Best New Australian Startup – this is a startup launched in 2009
- Breakout Award – Startups that finally made it big in 2009
- Plain Cool – For startups that, as the name suggests, are just plain cool.
- Most Likely To Change The World – For startups that have big goals and might just achieve them
- Startup Person of the Year – To recognise an exceptional, inspirational person working in a startup
- Best Web startup – The big gong for web startups
- Best Mobile startup – The big gong for mobile startups
- Best Enterprise startup – The big gong for enterprise startups
Simply put the name of a startup and which category(s) you’d like to nominate them for in an email Kim Heras, editor of The Next Web at kim [at] au.thenextweb [dot] com.
- Nominations will close on December 31st
- You can nominate your own startup or yourself
- You can nominate a startup for as many categories as you think they should win
- You can nominate more than one startup for each category
Winners will be announced in early 2010.